Thursday, March 19, 2015

climate change & use of social media

Social media is so big in this generation that anyone can put anything and everything on the internet which can be true or false. Even if the information is false people are still going to believe what it says because it was on the internet.

With the topic of global warming its hard to find creditable sources on the internet but they're out there, People just have to look a little harder. If we hear it on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media than it must be true. Well... WRONG!

I'm guilty on this part for believing everything on the internet about global warming and climate change because I do not know much about this topic. It's not my everyday interest to know what's going on daily with the climate change. So, since I do not know much about it, I tend to believe what I hear about it. If it was a topic I knew much about and heard something that I was unsure about then I would do my research.

When I hear the phrase, global warming, I just think of people that are environmentalists who are really into greens and saving the world. For what I have heard about global warming and climate change on many different social media's, whether it's true or not, I think a lot needs to change. This is something I am not educated about at all so when people talk about it, it pretty much just goes over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment