Sunday, April 19, 2015

final facebook page analysis

My Facebook Page.

I have had a personal Facebook page for a while now but I never really posted much. At the beginning of the semester when he told us we were going to have to do a Facebook campaign I was a bit frightened. I wouldn't know what to say or even post. As I the semester went on I found it much easier to post about my campaign. I actually would enjoy helping my brother one day set up a Facebook page for his crocheting when he wants to start a business.

I could have done many campaigns for my Facebook page but I look up to my brother a lot and he is so talented, so I wanted to share it with everyone else. I’m just promoting him now so hopefully later on he will want to start a little side business and sell his product.

I love bright colors and it’s a great way to get people’s attention. With the title of my campaign it made people think of something different than crocheting. I had a friend that asked me why I sent her a request to “let me hook U up” when she was already married. As time goes on and my brother makes a decision to start a business, he will be able to make his own title and main logo/picture for his business. I talked to him about the title though and he loves “let me hook U up.” So maybe it will stay.


I didn't use many tactics to promote my page. My brother was really busy with work since he works two jobs and is the manager for one so we could never find time to just sit down and let me record him crocheting. I wanted to video him and explain all the techniques of crocheting because it’s really interesting to learn. So instead, I posted many beanies he crocheted over the time period. He made scarves, slippers (which are my all-time favorite), and many more things.

At the beginning of the semester I didn't get very many likes for which I couldn't track my page because I only had 19 likes. I asked around and as of a week ago I now have 62 likes on my page. I post picture and the most likes I have received on a post is 7 likes.

                                            

                          



Promoting. 

As you can see I did not purchase anything to promote my page, so I just did it myself. I should have promoted my page early on, but I had a lot of help from friends and family who promoted my page as well. 
























My likes, comments, shares, and post clicks for my page. I do not get very many likes on any of my pictures which is a bummer because at first I did not have very many likes on my page. I received an average of 6 or 7 likes on each picture but I wish it was more. No one commented on the pictures, but someone did comment on my page. Shares, I only had one. 



My Total Page Likes and Net Likes.

























I feel the reason why I didn't get many likes on my posts is because they were expecting more. One of Shawn’s favorite and easiest thing to crochet is beanies and I posted a lot about beanies. I should have mixed things up. I should have posted videos of techniques and of other people crocheting.

The people who like my page: My fans





My Posts.


Personification and Mission Statement.
























Summary. 

I really enjoyed promoting my brother and his crocheting. The goals I had for this page was to post videos, pictures, techniques he uses personally about once a week. Things got in the way from me posting about once a week but I posted about once every two weeks. I really wanted to show everyone how cool crocheting is. To be honest, I didn't know the difference between crocheting, sewing, knitting, or any of those techniques. I have become fascinated and am looking into learning for myself. Maybe give me a summer hobby on my free time.

I wish I could have done more to my page, but honestly I feel really good about it. I could have posted more with a mixed variety but I did as much as I could and I loved how it turned out. I still want to continue promoting my brother after the semester ends and get more likes and post more. I feel like the posts that get the most likes are the ones with my family and friends modeling the product. I feel it’s more personal and more realistic. My overall experience with this campaign was great. I learned a lot about promoting and how to get information out there. It’s really easy, you just have to put time and effort into it and that’s something I would have done differently. I didn’t put much time and effort into this page. It would have received a lot more likes at the beginning of the semester and posted more than once every two weeks. I really enjoyed doing this campaign and I am looking forward to see what happens and if my brother starts a little crocheting business, himself. 

This is the man behind the mask. My amazing brother and his family. Now you see how lucky I am to call him my brother. He is so talented and I look up to him so much. 






No comments:

Post a Comment